Saturday, February 25

I don't know who you are or what you do or where you go when you're not around....

Last night....

Messy :

Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: cluttered
Synonyms: blowzy, botchy, careless, chaotic, confused, dirty, dishevelled, disordered, disorganized, frowzy, grimy, grubby, littered, muddled, raunchy, rumpled, slapdash, slipshod, sloppy, slovenly, unfastidious, unkempt, unneat, unthorough, untidy

Not too sure about the 'raunchy', but hey, it's close enough.
The Blagger and I got kinda wasted. He even bought me a little bit of weed, bless him.

Meatloaf songs did indeed grace my speakers and apart from the great retro feeling we both felt, I have to say he's a crap duet partner and such I've told him that we won't be continuing the partnership tonight.

I have no idea what's on the karaoke disc, but I'm kinda hoping for some Smiths or Cranberries, so my out of tune vocals won't sound so bad.

I've only done this karaoke thing once before and that was in a pub full of people, who thankfully were as drunk as I was. I wasn't brave enough to do a solo, so I did a duet with a girl who was so bad that she actually made me sound good.
Apparently, all this karaoke idea came from me and my bog mouth a few weeks ago when we had a session round The Blaggers and he mentioned his little sister had a disc for the Playsation that's a karaoke game type thing. Before the sensible part of my brain connected with my mouth, I'd already said it would be a laugh to have a night with said game and a few other people around. What's developed from those ill spoken words is a group of 12 people all piling around a friends house, with a bring a bottle rule and some singing involved.

Last night, we thought it was a great idea and we were both looking forward to it. Today at work, I've been wondering what the hell I've let myself in for.

Worst case scenario : I make a fool of myself in front of 11 other people who've probably had enough to drink to let slip how bad this could be.
Best case scenario : Simon Cowell is one of the 11 and he swiftly signs me up for a 4 album deal, tells me to quit my job and pack some things for my first video shoot in *insert ideal Country here*.

On a side note, upcoming gigs for me include:
Kanye West, Kubb, Hard Fi and Placebo.

On a side, side note, it's officially the weekend now that I've finished work (until tomorrow, but let's not mention that!), so get that eyeliner on, dress to impress and remember that weekends are best when experienced commando!

4 parlez:

Joe said...

it's too cold for commando.

my monotone voice could only really do Joy Division at karaoke, and the very idea of Transmission or Love Will Tear Us Apart showing up on one of those discs...

Ally said...

Yeah, what Joe said. FAR too cold :).

surly girl said...

nonsense. it's never too anything for commando.

as for karaoke. i was up until 4am today screeching into my sister's karaoke machine. i got a 94 for more than words by extreme. i am still not sure whether that is a good thing.

bedshaped said...

joe,
Never too cold for commando!
As for the tunes, that's the biggest problem, isn't it? Finding decent tunes to sing along to. How sick are we all, hearing endless attempts of New York, New York etc!

ally,
erm....never too cold for commando!

surly,
We only made it until 3am, but then Twister made an appearance. God Bless the old classic games!
Your score may be impressive, but shit girl, have you no shame!