Sunday, September 17

So please give me another chance to write you another song and take back those things I've done.

Last night our relationship moved on to a new level.
In the light of two recent discoveries about The Girl, I'm now finding new reasons to question our relationship.

Having her within 10 feet of one of these little peskies and she will do her best impersonation of a screaming banshee.






Why are they called Daddy Long Legs? Is that just a stupid nickname for them because their correct name is one of those eloquent Latin names. It's probably 'bodyminscule-longlegetus-creepitum' or something.

My job for the first hour of us being together was to 'sweep' the rooms on a regular basis to ensure none of these blighters got in. A few of them slipped under the perimeter and were subsequently caught and released back outside by me. In a way I saved their lives because I had already seen The Girl reach for her shoe.

She has also revealed to me that she has a favourite breast. This came on the back of me jokingly saying "that one's my favourite", whilst gesturing with my eyes and nodding towards one of her breasts. With this, she replied that not only did she also have a 'favourite' but it was also the same as the one I picked.
Girls have favourite breasts? Does this also mean that guys have favourite testicles and it's something I've never really caught on with?

We got a little bit drunk, a little bit stoned.
At one point she took up a Tae Kwan Do stance against me. At least that's what I thought it was until she revealed it was in fact a Tae Bo stance. My initial fear was therefore pointless because let's face it....what was she gonna do....get fit in front of me?
The competition between us to blow the biggest bubble from gum failed miserably, however the giant chocolate buttons went down a treat.

So, Justin Timberlake's new album then huh?
Well, it's a Timbaland production, that's for sure. In my opinion it's head and shoulders above his debut solo effort, the songs are much better constructed and it's simply oozing with hooks. The main thing that strikes me is that it just sounds so....well, so Prince. There's influences of early, peak time and post name change Prince in most of the tracks, which is an interesting thought, because for me, I found most of the tracks for his debut album more of a Michael Jackson strain.
And how frustrating is it when the 'bonus track' is actually one of the best tracks on there. Does this mean the track in question isn't on all the pressed CD's and if so....why? Ok, so a different remix would be an acceptable norm, but a fresh track, with Snoop as well! What are they thinking?!

I haven't heard anything from the friend of a friend who does the favour thingy about The Killers tickets. There was a slight murmer of hope that we could have got ourselves on the guest list on the door, but alas the silence means it's probably not gonna happen. He did reveal something interesting though. On the morning in question, within 2 minutes of the official time the tickets got released, they shut their server down, thus rendering their website useless and flicked something on their phone system so all anybody could hear was that lady saying, "This is a BT announcement. All lines are busy, please try again later. You have not been charged for this call." So apparently....or is that allegedly....all the tickets except a small handful got sold to the people who were actually queued up outside the venue.

Ok, so I didn't manage to get tickets and if I'd have given it more thought, I would have driven over there myself and queued up with everybody else. The fact that I've never failed in securing concert tickets before probably gave me a little too much confidence.
That said, I'm really pleased to hear that the majority of the tickets were bought up by people who actually went to the venue and waited in the queues.

I would like to hope this could be a possible move forward to stop ticket touts buying up the tickets, then selling them for extortionate prices on Ebay et al. Although that said, within no time at all tickets for the gig were on Ebay, with some people asking £100 each.

6 parlez:

Cat said...

I'm with the Girl. One of those beasts was in my house a couple of nights ago and I could have done with you there! Instead, I armed myself with a can of Raid and gassed the blighter. Unfortunately, I was high and headachey for the rest of the night, but its reign of terror was over.

I'm not sure I believe that about the Killers tickets being sold through the venues, by the way, or perhaps things in Scotland are done differently. I spoke with the lady at my "local" last week over the Magic Numbers fiasco and she told me it was usual for them to get only 10 or 20% with the rest being sold through the promoter's website of choice. It was the same story when I saw Morrissey earlier in the year and it was the box office manager who told me that - he's a friend of a friend. (Sadly useless in arranging for me to meet the great man, though!)

lolly said...

I gotta side with The Girl. Those beasts are vile. I get anyone to remove them for me. Ugh, make me shudder just thinking about them.

aka k said...

Bearing in mind (as one does) the second topic of your post, I of course read catgirls comment above as "One of those breasts was in my house the other day..." and was most confused for a mo.

Joe said...

ahh the gets! i got up after three hours "sleep" after my grad ball to sit in front of my laptop and refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh until giving up. saw the £100 tickets on ebay...you know what, money being how it is i probably would have sold mine on there.

bedshaped said...

catgirl,
One of those breasts?

saffyre,
Maybe you need one of those 'creepy crawly catcher' type things, available from those shitty catalogues we get pushed through the door every now and then.

aka k,
I appear to have done the same!

joe,
I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

Cat said...

Whoops. Must have been the visual equivalent of an earworm after reading on in your post.