Monday, June 26

Beat me black and blue, then turned me into you.

A normal dream for a change.

Well, as normal as mine get, I guess.
On my return from work, I found the front door closed, but not locked. Just thinking myself a forgetful twonk, I proceeded inside to find everything had gone, except my TV.
The entire downstairs had been stripped bare, right down to the wallpaper, curtains and carpets....except my TV. I don't know what it is about my tv that's so unappealing, but for some reason, it was left....all alone.
The whole dream was in black and white.
With no sound, just thought bubbles.

Whilst in the car earlier, I passed a pub and I as I had to stop the car, I looked in the entrance at the big chalked up sign that greeted everybody as that entered.
It said something like:
"Barry welcomes you with a big, friendly smile"
at the bottom was written:
"I hope to see you again real soon"
In the middle was:
"No children in the bar at ANY time. Anybody found causing trouble will be ejected and banned! Anybody found stealing anything from here, or selling stolen good will be reported to the police!"
Surprisingly, it looked quite full.

One of my old customers has died.
His wife came in today, just to sit with me over a coffee to tell me the sad news.
She looked so pale.
So drawn.
It's so sad to hear news like that but it's the best kick-start in the world for making you appreciate your own life just a little bit more.
If there's one thing that's known, it's that we will all one day die.
I hope to have somebody who I love and who loves me around me when it's my time.

At work earlier, I was presented with an envelope with my name on it. Inside were £130 worth of vouchers to spend in a selection of about 30 stores. Needless to say, said vouchers have been redeemed tonight. Well, most of them.
I'm now the proud owner of a new suit and some new shoes.
My shoes have been worn out a good 6 months by now and my suit saw a better day over a year ago. I've been putting the whole 'buy new clothes for work' thing off because I resent buying clothes that I can only wear at work. Not only that, but we have to wear suits and it fucks me off no end because I've always felt like a dressed up prick.

Whilst I was out at the shopping centre, it would have been rude of me not to have a quick mooch around. So I did. This mooching cost me actual money, but I've returned with a new top, some more incense sticks and a weird incense burner thingy.
I'm not sure if I like it in the way that I should. I just thought it was quite unusual and that was enough for me to part with a little more money.

No reply from the email to my folks yet. Damn, what are they doing? It was a simple question, a simple request, no rocket science knowledge required. Perhaps they have to call a 'family meeting' to discuss the probable answers.

I've just had to fill in all my details on a speeding fine notice. I was caught on a speeding camera in December and they finally decided to ask me to own up and pay up. The letter and fine notice came to work because I drive a company registered car and after 20 minutes of me flatly denying it could possibly be me, I realised later on that evening that it was. Because of the length of time it's been, I was considering contesting it and asking them to provide photographic evidence that it was me. I changed my mind after remembering that any photograph they provide may have me driving the car, smiling and pointing at said speed camera, as I was asking my brother, "Ha, is that a speed camera?".

It's horrible when somebody that you know tells you something horrible has just happened to the....and you don't know what to say, except sorry.

Oh, and I've just opened a letter for the previous owner.
She's overdue for her smear test, again.

2 parlez:

Unknown said...

a normal dream? hmmm... sounds like... i wish i had "normal" dreams these days... instead of "miss you like crazy" ones... but hey, you've made it another super start to a terrific tuesday for me. thanks!

Cat said...

I hope you have more success with your new shoes than me! After my 15 minute walk to work, my brand new wedge heels have given up the ghost!