Sunday, June 25

So lay down, the threat is real.

I asked for some help.
I've emailed my folks for some advice, well my dad really. Earlier, I took some photos of the edging strip that supposed to seal my bath and shower from leaking water. These photos have been attached to an email asking from advice on whether to replace the strip and then seal it, or just use sealer on its own.
I'm expecting an email back soon asking me how to open the attachments!

My dad is the sort of guy who appears to have a knack of 'doing things'. When it comes to fixing things up, plumbing, painting, building, wiring, plastering, you name it, he seems to have the ability to do it and not make it look like a complete fuck up.
He's a little bit like the "You don't wanna do it like that, you wanna do it like this!" character from Harry Enfields old show. That's probably why I don't ask him for advice much. It's almost guaranteed for him to come and take over, which puts me off even mentioning things until I've done them myself.


I do need some advice on the bath seal though, so I've swallowed my pride and took the plunge. What's the betting, when they finally figure out how to open the attachments, they reply with something along the lines of...."Which day this week are you gonna be in....?"

Most of today, I've been surrounded by beauty.

The CD Shuffle-a-thon has been drawn over at swisstoni's place. I don't know who I'm getting my disc from but I'm really looking forward to listening to it. Then listening to it again, then again, then disecting it, then putting it back together, then listening to it one more time, then writing about it.
I felt restricted by only 12 tracks and each night this week, I've been scribbling out songs, then adding to the list, then scrapping the whole thing...and so on....
It appears most people are thinking along the lines of having 12 songs that mean the most to 'them' and also go a little way to describing their personalities. I'd really struggle with that, so after much deliberation, I've decided to be completely random and spontaneous and burn the last 12 tracks that played on my MP3 player on my pc, which is also set to random.
Shit, I hope my recipient doesn't mind a bit of Black Lace, Jive Bunny, The Birdie Song and Jeff Beck's version of "Hi Ho Silver Lining".

1 parlez:

swisslet said...

there aren't really any rules except the 12 track one.... which is there to force you to choose. Picking the last 12 songs you played is as good a method as any other, if you ask me. I ended up with Nik Kershaw on mine. Go figure.

(actually, I burned my CD and was writing up the tracklist when I realised I'd done 13... popped an extra track on meaning to delete something else, and then just plain forgot. Oops. My game, my rules, eh?)

I look forward to reading what your recipient makes of it.

ST