Wednesday, March 29

I've got to tell you in my loudest tones, that I started looking for a warning sign.

The inevitable has happened.

Leon has died.
He is almost certainly beyond resuscitation now and I think it's time to let him go off to a better place.

Not wanting to dwell on the bad times, instead I'm reminiscing of the good times we shared. Those nights when we would talk about girls, music, dancing and getting high. Those times when he would just sit there and listen intently to my every word, without judging me once. Those times when he was the familiar face that greeted me as I opened the door and said "Hi Leon, how's your day been?"

So....no more....

He has been with me since I rescued him from the shelf in a B & Q Warehouse. Looking out of place amongst other, let's say, 'flowery' plants, I could do nothing to fight off my impulsive purchase and subsequent meeting of one of my dear friends on this journey of mine.

We've been through some great times. We've been through so all time lows. We've seen our fair share of every stretch of emotional plane and each time, we've both been there for each other on the other side.

I feel it's time to move on to the next level with this journey of mine. His time with me is now done and it's down to me to either continue alone, or find another companion who will hopefully see me through the next stages.

I'm gonna have a glass of wine, raise it up with a smile in my eyes and bid farewell to my dear Leon.


How I shall remember him, in his more 'healthy' days, alongside Mathilda.

6 parlez:

Joe said...

I bought this plant at the start of uni, also from B&Q. It's now grown so big I don't know how we're going to get it home. My Stepdad doesn't want to see it again, although he says that about a lot of things.

SL said...

RIP Leon

x said...

i'm sorry! i liked Leon! Should you get another one to keep Mathilda company?

bedshaped said...

Thanks guys....and chloe,

He will be deeply missed.
I may well get another one chloe, but it will never be a replacement.
It may be a while though.

Anonymous said...

R.I.P - Rest In Peat.

He's gone to that big plant pot in the sky.

Much love

Ally said...

Oh I'm so sorry Bedshaped. And apologies for not hassling my Mama to see if she had any answers for you.

RIP Leon.