Thursday, March 23

Into the half light, another velvet morning for me, yeah.

I suffered an uncomfortable night's sleep.

I woke up to my radio alarm playing Gnarls Barkley, lay there for a while with a smile on my face whilst soaking up the driving bassline and thumping beat. I had every intention of getting up, jumping in the shower, donning my combats and a t-shirt before tackling the tasks for the day.
The next time my eyes opened, the clock has moved forward an hour, Faithless was on the radio and my smile had turned to a frustrated frown.

A few days ago, I woke up feeling all twisted. Evidence of a restless night being proven by waking up almost sideways in the bed, my quilt cover scrunched up in an untidy mound only covering the lower half of my body and the throw I have on top of the quilt had somehow found it's way to the other side of the room.
A twisted pain in my left side, presumably from sleeping in a weird position, left me with a feeling of being repeatedly punched by several people wearing boxing gloves during the night. It was both painful and annoying and I probably wouldn't have minded so much had it been a result of some acrobatic sex during the night, but unless during my restless sleeping, my hands took a mind of their own and launched into a marathon wanking session, I can only put it down to the fact that just lately....I'm not sleeping very well.

Last night, I found myself waking up frequently because I felt so uncomfortable. I shuffled, shifted, tossed and turned, desperately trying to find a comfy position to drift back off to sleep, only to wake up a few moments later with the same predicament.
My bed is comfortable, my quilt and sheets are soft and my pillows are the kind that let your head sink right into them, so how come I struggled to get into my usual peaceful position and drift off until morning?
Quite simply, my dick.
For some reason (and I can't recall any sexy dreams), my dick decided to launch itself into 'stiffy mode' and no amount of reasoning with it, or trying to think of things like this could convince the bugger to play dead.

Ok, so I can understand that girls may not have such an easy life either, with their tits being something that perhaps makes going to sleep on your front a little, erm....awkward. Although of course, this is speculation on my part as I'm not yet the owner of a pair of 'man boobs' and presumably the bigger the chest, the more problems they provide. That said though, surely nothing can provide more discomfort than an erection that just wont take no for an answer and seems to go out of it's way to make anything other than lying on your back bearable.

Maybe I'm just a fussy sleeper. I've never been aware of that before and perhaps I should succumb to wearing a sports jock strap in bed from now on, to keep everything in it's place.

11 parlez:

x said...

erm...i don't know what to say to you on this complicated male problem, except Hi!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's the placement of your bed in the room.. is it under a window/directly facing the door?..too much colouraround/too many mirrors/a tv?

There may be too much yang (male) energy in there (hence the need for jock strap)

Pale blue colour for bedding will give you a restful nights sleep.. or pale green.

Also declutter under your bed.

Sara Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Bed,
that picture certainly works for me! Jesus.

I've always found if you fold it in half rapidly the problem goes away by itself!

Good luck

bedshaped said...

chloe,
It's a guy thing.
But "hi" back.

sara jane,
My bedroom moves around frequently. Currently, it's neither under a window or facing the door.
I don't have any bright colours in there and there is nothing under my bed.

anonymous,
You worry me!

Anonymous said...

hey bedshaped..

just popped in to say hi and see what you were up to..

umm.. some uncomfortable night you had. I think I'll keep the girls - they don't generally act up like that!

hugs & kisses!
Elle

SL said...

Come on, bs. Just have a wank like the rest of us!

H said...

Sl i was thinking that too. Some things should be dealt with.

bedshaped said...

Hi elle,
Yeah, stick to 'the girls', they seem much less trouble.

I'm coming to the conclusion that most people who stop by here are wankers!

Anonymous said...

bedshaped says

"I'm coming to the conclusion that most people who stop by here are wankers!"

Sara Jane says

"Charming!"

memo to self.. don't stop by...

bedshaped said...

Oh dear, it appears I have suffered from the 'words can be interpreted differently by the reader' symdrome....

sara jane,
I apologise if what I said offended you.
It was meant in the way of....some people had made comments about 'dealing' with the problem (i.e. my 'unwanted stiffy') by 'taking things into my own hands'.
As they also appeared to be saying it in such a way as to admit that's what they would do, then my comment should have been read as a comical piss take,ie "you guys are wankers"(literally).
In the nicest possible way of course.

You may not come back to read my reply, but I wanted to say something, just in case anybody else thought the same thing as you did.

*note to self* Sarcasm doesn't travel well on my posts.

I'm in the UK. It's a UK thing, this sarcasm and the word "wanker"

Ally said...

I clicked on the picture of that lady while drinking and there is now coffee all over my keyboard :).

Boobs: You have never experienced true pain until you wake up in the night as you are trying to turn over and realise that you have your elbow pinning down your own nipple.

Trust me on this :).

I have sent the pic of Leon to my Ma, who as yet I haven't managed to speak to ... but as it's Mother's Day today I will probably manage it - will report back asap!