Saturday, March 25

Pull me out of the aircrash, pull me out of the lake. I'm your superhero ,we are standing on the edge.

Once again, plan B has come into operation.

The whole night round Sniffer's place, with some cool friends and a blast from the past, with me spinning choones on the turntables....is gonna have to be rescheduled.

Plan B....well, it started in the pub for a quickie after work. There was me, The Blagger and Krusty just having a quick drink discussing a possible reschedule for the Sniffer night. I asked what they had planned and they replied that they would probably just stay in.
I suggested that if they wanted to pop round mine, then they were more than welcome.
This then escalated from a suggested 3 people round my place, just for a little chill out session, into him getting on his phone and then calling me an hour later to inform me that there were now 10 of us going out and then coming back to mine.

This could get messy!

The pool table will inevitably see some action (of the pool playing variety, not the sexual kind).
My 5 foot cardboard cut out of Homer will undoubtedly rear his ugly head sometime during the evening (sexual action may well take place here though).
Leon will most likely get the piss taken out of him.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit feeling disappointed about Plan A didn't rise to fruition, but Plan B sounds ok and I'm quite looking forward to just having a laugh and chilling out.
And ya never know, I might even make a girl smile during the evening.

This morning at 9 o'clock, I once again put myself through the stress of trying to get some concert tickets. Once again, I had 2 phones on redial and 4 webpages trying to refresh in desperation. At just after 9.10am, I managed to get through on one of the phonelines, only to be greeted with a recorded message informing me that "all the tickets were now sold out!". I persevered with the web pages and the other phonelines and over the next 20 minutes, each one giving me the same message, "All tickets are now sold out!".
I finally gave up, just in time for my first customer of the day. She had been in the previous day and I'd asked her very nicely, if she would mind coming in at half past instead because I was gonna be all stressed out trying to get these tickets.

She asked me about them and her face dropped when I told her I couldn't get any, bless her.

Just as we were finishing, my next pair of customers arrived and sat waiting for me. As I sat them down at my desk, I noticed that 1 of the webpages that hadn't been refreshing....just sitting there with the blue bars down the bottom moving slower than a snail stuck on glue, had indeed refreshed. Not only that, but it was on the screen when I type in my details and card number to buy them.
It's bad, I know....But as I sat there with my customers, chatting away about their morning and the weather and their pet cats, I was secretly filling in the field boxes with all my details and my card numbers and secretly praying....and praying.
They wondered what had happened, when half way through their conversation about their grandson in university, I jumped a little off my chair and kinda...squeeked!

I am indeed going here!

7 parlez:

Joe said...

Now I am jealous.

bedshaped said...

fluff,
I don't think I've done the description of how frustrating I felt enough justice.

joe,
To say I'm chuffed to bits is a slight understatement!

beth said...

It was desperate wasn't it? but I got some too!
(for Blackpool, obviously)
Don't think I'll really believe it til I see them, mind.

Joe said...

bwow, two people with genuine tickets...who AREN'T going straight to eBay...are you quite sure?

bedshaped said...

These will be amazing shows, beth!

joe,
I don't expect to receive the tickets until a few days before the gig, so my only 'comforting factor' is that I have an email confirmation sitting in my inbox....oh, and a print out of it stuck on my wall.

I refuse to buy any tickets from Ebay, mainly cos 99% of them are sold by people who had no intention of going themselves and instead decided to make a tidy profit from 'genuine fans' who couldn't get proper tickets 'cos people like them bought them all.

That's a whole different post from me about tickets touts!

Joe said...

oh no i'm on your side again totally. i plan never to buy tickets off ebay or touts. i'm glad people are putting joke bids in, it's sick really. and seriously, is any gig gonna be worth paying over £500? or over £100 for that matter. some people must be very rich, or very stupid.

beth said...

I must be naive - never occured to me that some people would be on that ticketline on Saturday morning with no intention other than to shove them on ebay asap, but we went to Sigur Ros last night and the bloke sitting behind me was talking about how he'd sold his for £120 and what the current going rates were....