Wednesday, March 22

Walk out into velvet, nothing more to say.

What is it about people who drive posh cars?!

Ok, so they appear to hold a certain status by smoking around in something that costs as much as a semi detached house did several years ago, but as soon as they get behind the wheel, their ego grows into an untouchable force.
Or so they think.

A guy pulled up and parked outside our Dealership earlier today in his BMW 3 Series. Not only did he exit the car with such a fuss, in order to draw as much attention to himself, but he parked the fucker right in the middle of a driveway, thus blocking everybody trying to get in and out.
He strolled around the used car pitch, with a sneer on his face that resembled somebody chewing a wasp.
When I approached him to ask him if he wouldn't mind moving his car slightly, perhaps into one of the empty car parking spaces, he gave me a look as if I'd just asked him to sleep with his mother, then said he'd finished looking at our paltry selection and strolled back to his car.

Ever notice when you see one of these tossers driving on the road, that they never use the indicators! Is it because the cars are so expensive and exclusive that they don't come with them as standard and indicators are an optional extra....or perhaps they feel above actually using them. Or maybe it's down to the fact that they feel everybody else on the road should part the way, in a fashion similar to Moses parting the Red Sea, so they can rule the road.

I can't remember a time when they've cut me any slack on the roads. When I'm waiting at a junction to pull out and I see what might be an available space to slip into, I might as well forget it if it's a tosser in such a car. They normally see that a slight gap has appeared in front of them and that I am waiting for them to flash their lights or give me a gesture to take the chance, but instead, they speed up, closing the gap and avoid eye contact at all costs.

I'm taking a whole day off work tomorrow!
A rarity I know, though I must admit that I was gonna go in for a couple of hours in the morning. This brief thought was kicked in the bollocks by the side of my brain that convinced me to take off the time that I'm due.

I have a million and one things to do and a lie in isn't one of them. Although I may allow myself to sleep in a little more than I usually do, I find waking up from a naturally waking lie in more frustrating than anything else because I'm cursing myself at the things I could have got done while I was enjoying that dream about 'insert lovely dream details here'.

Saturday, a few of us are going round Sniffers place. It's been one of those nights that we've tried to organise for ages but has never materialised, due to everybody else having other commitments, but this weekend appears to be best option.
He has asked me dig out some of my old skool 12" singles from my DJ days and spin some choones on his turntables.

Go me!

New music files on the bedshaped jukebox on the right sidebar.

2 parlez:

Joe said...

like the goldfrapp lyric. and i'd like to hear more about your DJ days...as you use vinyl you're already way more skilled than me!

Krista said...

I hear you on the morons with the fancy cars. There's a city anthem here done by one of the radio stations, and a line from it goes something like "And the more the car costs the worse they driiiiiiiive".

Hehehe.

And have you ever noticed how some people have their fancy alarms set to such a sensitive setting that just spitting on their car sets it off?

*Shakes head in wonder*