Thursday, March 16

I'm the lie living for you, so you can hide.

The best news I've had all week, is that my ex-wife K has been for tests earlier today and the results say "don't panic!". She has been given some meds, told to rest more than she is doing and go back for another check up in 3 months time.

*Exhale huge relief*

I suspect I may have a house guest next week. Krusty is going away from Sunday 'til Thursday, so The Blagger will be at a loss. There have been a few subtle mentions of us getting together a lot more next week, but he's not mentioned staying over here, or me staying at his. I might just come out with it tomorrow, still being subtle, but more to the point like, "I know you're gonna miss Krusty while she's away, so just remember you're always welcome at mine, if you want some company."

I think Leon is dying. His once lavish, green leaves have wilted and are turning a reddish/brown. I don't even know what kind of plant he is, otherwise I would seek some 'help' on the net, in the hope that I may be able to revive him.
It's very cold here. Has been for the past months or so, with bitter winds and low temperatures. He always suffers with cases of Mr Floppy around the cold weeks, but I can't ever recall him looking so....sad.

Having already lost one of companions on this journey, namely Jewel, the cat I rescued from a centre of unwanted pets, when she went out one day....never to return, I don't want to have to handle losing my last travelling friend.

His soil is moist, his stem is strong, he has plenty of light and his current home is plenty big enough for his roots.
And yet he's faltering....drooping....looking sad....

I'm beginning to think that spending too much time in the bath, gives way to my mind going off an strange tangents.

Is this how most relationships follow:

Interest....excitement...butterflies in the stomach....more revealing of each other....spend more time together....talk about loads of stuff....compliments...attention....lots of action in the sex department....can't get enough of each...hurt when apart....get closer...reveal more....spend so much time together, eventually move in together....loving the feeling....devotion follows....discover some things you didn't know about each other....turn your nose up about a few things....feelings changing....try to be forgiving...sex becomes more of a routine....the attraction fades...the excitement fails...the butterflies have long since died....began to have straying eyes....become aware of 'other people'....life becomes routine....less to say to each other....relish the safeness of the relationship, but crave the excitement....think back on the times when you were both fresh to each other.....try to rekindle something....realise that "this may be it"....become stubborn.....tit for tat.....become resentful....

4 parlez:

bedshaped said...

duch,
Never a more truthfull word said.

fluff,
The attraction between Leon and I will never fade!
As far as other things....changed his position, yes...but to try and give him some more light.
Different environment...? Nope.
I have hope that he will be ok.

Ally said...

Hmm - I'm not sure that all relationships HAVE to follow that path. But most of my previous ones have, until this one.

If you want to post or send me a pic of Leon I will see if I can do a little research. My Ma is a Plant Lady by trade.

x said...

yay for your ex wife! that's good news.
Poor Leon! But don't lose hope, i was about to throw my apparently dead orchid a couple of months ago and now it has 3 flowers! 3!

bedshaped said...

fluff,
I've already considered that maybe Leon has 'served his purpose', but I don't wanna let go of him just yet!

ally,
I will see if I have a photo that I can send your way.
Thanks for the offer of help, I really appreciate it.

chloe,
Thanks for the kind words.
I wont give up just yet, he's a fighter, just like me.