Thursday, March 16

And thanks....for the trouble you took from her eyes.

This week has been pretty awful for me.

When I think back over the time I've been working at my current haunt, the past 3 1/2 days have been the most frustrating, unpleasant, distressing, troublesome and quite frankly mentally crushing days I've experienced.

The most frustrating part of my job is having to rely on other people to bring it all together. Having to rely on an Admin Department, which is currently down to less than half their usual staffing levels is difficult at the best of times, but this week all I've heard is, "Taxing girl isn't in, she's off sick, so we're not gonna get that done today", "There's nobody looking after booking in the cars at the moment, so you can't sell that for another couple of days", or "I'm sorry, there's nobody here who can help you."
Easy for them to say, because they don't have to explain to the customer that they can't have their brand spanking new car due to people being off sick or whatever and even though we are one of the biggest car selling groups in the Country...we don't appear to have any contingency plans.

Just lately, our beloved transport department have been about as useful as a bra made out of ice cream and I've lost count of the amount of times The Car Manufacturer that I sell cars for 'delayed' delivery to us because they "can't find the car!"
How the hell do you lose a car?!

Despite feeling as frustrated as a recovering alcoholic on a visit to The Guinness Factory, I'm still smiling.

I can't put it down to recently experiencing ravenous sex, basically because that hasn't happened.
Neither can I put it down to winning the lottery or being the recipient of a huge pay rise, in fact, money has been tighter than ever for me this month.
And no, Angelina hasn't dumped Brad and declared her undying love for me, unless you count the dream I had a few weeks ago.

The chalk lines keep getting rubbed out,
Redrawn.
Pushing and pulling melts down the defenses,
Rebuilding.

2 parlez:

Joe said...

sorry things are so crap. sometimes it is best to keep smiling...

bedshaped said...

I am smiling joe,
It just looks like a frown sometimes.