Tuesday, February 21

Sooner or later, you take off your skin and go to sleep.

I have an unwritten rule that I will never make an entry when I've had a little too much to drink.

Tonight is one of those nights and it's only Tuesday.

Saturday night, I've been asked to go to The Blaggers place, where I'm told there will be quite a few people, a karaoke machine and a bed for me to sleep in.
I'm seriously thinking about saying yes, but then again, Saturday night seems so far away right now.

Today has been a pile of shit at work.
Today has been a complete wanker.
Tonight, I miss the thought of being able to unwind in the company of another person.

The jury is still out on whether when you've had a drink, that you find yourself saying things that you really think and feel or whether you just say things 'cos your mind is awash with alcoholic influence and you talk general bollocks.

I don't think not eating anything has helped at all.

11 parlez:

Anonymous said...

Know what you mean.
Hope your hangover is nonexistant today.

x

Ally said...

It seems to make sense, though.

Anonymous said...

Having a tiny bit too much to drink always seems to reveal startling truths to me. They're locked up in there until I hit the fourth beer and WAHEY!
I had no idea I was:
i) that funny
ii) a 21st century superhero with special powers and just waiting for the post of Spiderman to become available......


(did I just say that out loud?)

Joe said...

i recommend a sandwich.

Admin said...

I've added you to my links! xoxox

Dita said...

Damn do I know how it feels to need to "spoon" with someone.

BTW, I love the site change... Hot!

bedshaped said...

brandy lover,
I don't suffer from hangovers, never have.
I guess I'm lucky in that respect, or it could be due to the cheap shitty wine.

ally,
During the 'tipsy' stage, everything makes sense.

funny thing,
Your secret is out now!
Maybe you should have only revealved such things when you knew everybody who read this had had a drink, or two, or three....

jj,
I don't have a favourite karaoke song, considering I've only done it once before. Mind you, it was in a bar with about 200 other revellers in it and we'd all been up to the bar at least 4 times!
Surely the Sir Mixalot tune needs the movements to go with it though!

joe,
The sandwich was already down before the top of the wine came off. My way of soaking up the shit that was about to drown my insides, I guess.

vesper,
Thanks for that. I must admit, I've been lurking on your place for a while and have only just recently added your link.

dita,
Mmmmm...spooning....
Thanks for the praise...alas...the design was my idea but somebody else very kindly did all the coding and fiddly bits for me.

beth said...

Yesterday I read this post while I was at work & had a really pithy & appropriate comment I was dying to make about the 'drink talking' issue...tonight I've had a drink and ...well, I know I still love the new design...

bedshaped said...

beth,
You're not giving much away then, huh.

beth said...

I think the fact that that comment was bollocks means that when alcohol is involved typing is definately a bad idea.

Jury still out on thinking & speaking under the influence!

(I really do love the new design though)

bedshaped said...

Thanks beth.
Your jury still as well huh? I don't think anybody wil step off the fence to tackle this one.