Tuesday, November 22

Sure, all men are created equal. Here's the church, here's the steeple. Please stay tuned, cut to sequel. Ashes, ashes. We all fall down.

I don't think I've ever felt such a lack of confidence after going for an interview.
The week before, I'd spent so much time preparing; researching the role, speaking to other people within the company who currently hold this position to get as much useful info as I could, reading through interview techniques, preparing strong answers to expected questions, getting my mind into the right positive frame, practising role play and presentation techniques, delving deeper into body language and improved delivery of speech, preparing questions to ask....
In the car on the way back, as the previous three hours spun round and round in my head....as my mind replayed that role play scenario, that assessment and those questions....all I could manage to say to myself was, "What a fucking dick!" or "I couldn't have fucked that up more even if I'd tried."

As I sat waiting to be called in for the interview/selection assessment, I felt pretty damned confident. I'd say a strong eight out of ten. Three hours later, as I walked back to the car before heading back, that confidence level had been kicked in the bollocks. Thinking to myself at that moment, I felt more like two out of ten was being very generous.
Needless to say, I'm not expecting to be invited to the next stage.

0 parlez: