Thursday, June 22

Nothing could bring me closer, nothing could bring me near.

The wine I'm drinking tonight looks like piss.

Last night I had a dream about The Girl and Buffy.
Normally this would be very welcome, but considering that most of it involved them telling me to fuck off so they could bump uglies together and it ended with The Girl telling me she'd fallen for the sexy Vampire Slayer bitch and we were no more.
Some of this is probably from the depths of my mind, reminding me of the past and keeping me in check.
A strange dream, all told, especially as they both had exactly the same body, naked.

Earlier, I got so excited about going to Virgin this year, I almost came in my shorts!

Mum's replied to my email.
It was nothing special but at least she replied. She started the email with my full name. I hate that. She's the only person I know who calls me by that name.

I have tickets to see Embrace in October. At least they haven't done the Snow Patrol thing and blown out all the good gig venues for arenas. Pandy and Blue are coming with me. She's never seen them before but Pandy has seen them with me about 5 times now, I think.
I'm still having major problems getting into their latest album, but you can't say I'm not trying!

A guy at work went to see Hard Candy at the cinema last night. A simple "Yes, it's good or no, it's crap" would have sufficed, but instead he decided to tell me a crucial part of the plot. I still wanna see it, so I'll just have to overlook the crucial part of the film that I already know about.
Twat!

Tomorrow, I'm off work.
A day off to myself....oh, what shall I do?
Muwahahahaha.
I have a list.
It's quite a long list.
I'd quite like to be in a position to have crossed most of the items off it by the end of the day.


"That's what keep me down.
To leave, leave it all behind"

9 parlez:

Cat said...

Hello, I really like your blog - thanks for namechecking mine! Having read through your extended profile, I think we have a lot in common.

I'm a bit concerned that the name Bedshaped is a title of a Keane song and I loathe Keane - say it aint so???

lolly said...

lol @ catgirl. Seriously. What did Keane ever do to you?

Anonymous said...

Let us know what it was like.
"Yes, it's good or no, it's crap" will suffice ;)

Thanks, matey.

Jo said...

But what's with Embrace ? Aren't they like a girly pop indie trash ? i.e. similar to Keane.

bedshaped said...

thecatgirlspeaks,
Hello.
It's a difficult one to explain, the whole Keane thing.
Yes, my pseudomyn is taken from the song by keane. It was more the lyrics and the way the video described the story that appealed to me.
When I started this journey 18 months ago, that's how I felt, so it felt right to base myself around where I'd come from.

Keane as a band are ok, I admit to absolutely loving their new single and have seen them play live a few times. As you've already professed a dislike to said band, I think I'll end this reply there.

fluff,
Piss taker eh?
*adds to notes*

funnything,
Will do.
It's not a disimilar situation to when I went to see The Blair Witch Project at the cinema on the opening night. Sixth Sense had been playing a couple of weeks and I wanted to watch that film the following week. After the movie, my brother and I went upstairs to the bar and had a drink before we headed home. Some friends were also in the bar and after telling them we'd just watched Blair Witch, he continued to say they'd just come out of watching Sixth Sense and practically gave away the plot.
Tosser.
I still watched it, but it ruined the entire movie for me.

jo,
Embrace deliver a great version of 'average indie-pop-anthem type band' and yet they just have that little something extra for me. I don't know what it is because they are average at playing their instruments and the lead guy Danny, has nothing other than a very average voice.
But there's just something....for me anyway.

Jo said...

One of your trax (?!) I can agree with is "Such Great Heights"

But

Who did it better? Postal Service or Iron and Wine? Or have I simply been watching too much Garden State / Scrubs?

bedshaped said...

jo,
The Iron And Wine version is far superior to the version on The Postal Service cd. The remix in my jukebox is however, a much needed improvement and I'd say that it was my personal favourite version.

Ally said...

My mother is the only person on earth who addresses me as Mrs. To everyone else I'm a Ms. And it really pisses me off, but she still won't stop doing it ...

bedshaped said...

ally,
It appears to be a Mother's prerogative.