Monday, June 19

The best things come from nowhere, I love you, I don't think you care.

It's been a dull day.

Today was technically The Blaggers last 'official' day at work. He's now gone....for good.
It's not been the same there this last week, while he's been suspended.
I'm gonna miss him at work.

I think it's been almost 5 weeks since I saw my folks. We appear to keep 'missing' each other. I've dropped her an email tonight to let her know how things are and stuff. It feels weird emailing my mum. Weird maybe, but convenient because it means I wont have to face the dreaded phone call that begins with her saying, "Oh, you're still alive then"
Ironic, considering what I wrote about last night.

I'm absolutely loving all the Lily Allen tracks I've downloaded tonight. I think I must all her albums worth by now. She's proper chav, but her songs are just so infectious and instant! Thanks to Joe for pointing me in her direction.
It's street reggae and toasting. It's proper chav and blingin'. But it just sounds so original.
She's definitely somebody I'm gonna check out at V fest.

I'm officially involved in the CD Swap-a-thon over at swisstony's gaff. I'm finding it extremely difficult to narrow this down to just 12 tracks, but I'm giving it my best shot. I will also probably end up doing something controversial like including 13 tracks, just to be an arse!

The plan for the house this week is to replace the seal around the edge of my bath. It's peeling away, is poorly fitted and is a bitch to the wall in the kitchen everytime I take a shower!
I'd also like to make a start on building my Barbecue in the garden as well.

That fucking Pussycat Dolls song wont leave my head lately. The hook in it has dug it's nails well and truly in! I think that makes 3 of their songs that I really like now and considering they look as manufactured as a TonkaToy, I can only conclude they must have a shit hot producer.

Priceless Big Brother moments tonight included:

Glynn "Cows go moo"

Glynn's brilliant conversation in 'nowhere' about masturbation, "If you don't sort yourself out and leave it a long time, it comes out in a stream."

Lea (to Pete), "You're fine one minute then go all funny the next!"
Erm....hello!!!!

Richard "Do you wanna borrow one of my tops Nikki?"
Nikki "No, 'cos they are probably covered in spunk"

The more I watch it, the more I see so much of Jim Carey in Pete.

3 parlez:

Joe said...

glad to be of service! it's a fantastic album, the demos have been polished up nicely. LDN is THE song of the summer. fact.

bedshaped said...

joe,
"Smile" appears to be getting the most airplay, but agreed....I'd like to see LDN re-released and become what it should have been in the first place.

Krista said...

Just heard about her too... her music one big breath of fresh air.