Sunday, April 9

Now let your mind do the walking, and let my hands do the soothing, let me show you the world in my eyes.

I wonder if she noticed my stumbling words at times
My tongue grew wide, my lips lost shape
The connection between my brain and my mouth lost
Ground control to Major Tom.

And I wonder if she felt my eyes on her shape
Tracing curves underneath her clothes
Smiling inside like some kid in a sweet shop
Wondering how long I could stop myself from touching her.

And I wonder if she wanted me to shut up
Just so she could see how the uncomfortable silences felt
Only to wrap them back up into words
And send them on their way to where she files the other crap.

And I wonder if she felt any bubbles in her stomach
Like the ones I felt, that turned the nervousness on its head
But still allowed itself to hang around in the background
Every now and then tugging me to make sure I was ok.

And I wonder if she felt disappointment in the realism
Once the paint in the picture of her imagination began to blur
As the puzzle that she'd been completing suddenly realised itself
The painting showing itself to be nothing more than a painting of hope.

And I wonder if she thought about the distance between my lips and hers
Distance that will never grow but always allows its presence to be felt
Depicted by the chalk lines that keep getting moved
A little rub out here, a little re-chalk there.

And I wonder if she felt my fingers trace my name upon her back
Slight and gentle my touch, so it wouldn't be discovered
As she lay there next to me with a glow about her
Magnified a hundred times by the smile in her eyes.

And I wonder if she felt the connection as we became one
Intertwined, melted, merging, blurring, moulding
Sharing something so precious and beautiful
As the world appeared to stop moving.

And I wonder if she caught me looking deep into her eyes, over coffee
Trying to catch a glimpse of her purity and finding nothing but beauty
Listening to her speak of everyday things and some guy she thought was famous
All I wanted to do was reach over and kiss her.

And I wonder if she looks back with a smile, as I do
Remembering the rollercoaster of emotions unfolding with every minute
Closing her eyes to allow her mind to feel our skin touching once more
And those kisses....those kisses.


Inspired by Betty Boo and lack of coffee.

No, seriously!

1 parlez:

Villa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.