Wednesday, March 8

I'm a brand new sky to hang the stars upon tonight.

Last night I was supposed to be coming back here after work and just relaxing.

A simple plan, foiled by the fact that The Blagger wanted to "have a chat" with me in the pub after work. Add to the pair of us, Accounts girl, who is helping out at our place while the MD's P.A. is off work recovering from an operation, and Sniffer, who just wanted to 'kill some time'.
The brief drink and "chat" never happened and about an hour or so later, we went round Sniffer's flat and had another drink there.

He has turntables!
Oh the joy!

I couldn't resist having a little play....reminiscing over my days as a DJ long gone....wondering if I've 'still got it' and it appears that I do indeed...still have it!

The remainder of the night involved The Blagger and I busting some moves with my 5 foot cardboard standee of Homer Simpson.
Not only that, but he insisted on putting my webcam on!

Don't worry, I'm hanging my head in shame.

Tonight is gonna be my yesterday that didn't happen, as in just moi, avec some tunes, maybe a little smoke, chilling out and hitting the sack at a reasonable time.






3 parlez:

Anonymous said...

i absolutley love this blog. youre a great writer. i hope you can write for us. email me id love to put a link to your blog on our site.

Anonymous said...

Turntables are a mystery to me - I'd be worried I'd scratch my records.

Besides, I don't think you can groove to Peter Rabbit and Friends.

bedshaped said...

loversetliars,
Hi, Erm...I'm not sure I'm qualified to write anything for your site, but thanks for the offer.

funny thing,
I've still got it, apparently, so I'm sure I could cut, slice and splice some Peter Rabbit into some handbag house somewhere!

jj,

From top to bottom:

I burn a lot of scented sticks. I don't like any of the holders I've seen, so I have a glass, filled with small stones from my garden.


That's the clock on the wall in my kitchen.

That's the holder for my scented sticks. It sits, resting on 2 proper scented stick holders, strategically tucked under the edge of the microwave.

That's my knife block.

An empty glass.

Three containers byside my kettle. They contain Teabags, coffee (praise the Lord) and sugar, even though I never drink tea and don't have sugar on anything.