Saturday, August 26

The face in the water looks up. And she shakes her head as if to say, that it's the last time you'll look like today.

How long into a relationship is it ok to fart?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Windy Miller. I'm lucky enough to have bodily functions that don't build up gaseous eruptus in my guts and then make it nigh on impossible to keep squeezing the little bugger in. My friend The Blagger more than makes up for that.

I have to admit that if The Girl were to 'let one rip', then I wouldn't be too bothered. So long as she didn't make a facade out of it by cocking her leg up and announcing that she was gonna 'toot', or worse still asking me, "Quick, pull my finger!"
Is this a sign that the relationship has moved on to the next level? The level that now permits the occasional bottom burp?

Questions about relationships....? Yeah, I have many. Who doesn't?
Does it ever get to the point where you stop questioning yourself about the relationship you're in and it just becomes an acceptable thing. I don't mean that to sound as bland as it does. What I mean is....when do the "what if's" stop?
It's not even that you want the "what if's" to be there in the first place. I guess they just hang around to remind you about all the shitty stuff in the past.

I'm not sure many people realise just how much of a huge step it is to be able to say to yourself...."Yes....I want this and everything else that comes with it" and laying your bare heart and soul right down in front of somebody, without worrying that a dirty, shit sodden shoe is gonna come down and squish all your hopes and dreams. Especially when they've been trampled on before.

I find myself completely in awe of her.

The recovery from the V Festival continues. Today, I've got off my chair at work and felt the aches and pains of an 80 year old. Maybe I'm getting too old for all this malarky. Staying up 'til all hours, watching the sun set and then attempt to rise again before my head hits the make-shift pillow.
Pandy called me yesterday. He chatted away, but in reality I think he wanted to talk about how fucking amazing the weekend was. He said his daughter Blue enjoyed it so much, that if next year he doesn't go, she's gonna go again with her mates.
My work here is done.

I can now conclude, after much ear bending, that the new Muse album is full of pretentious choral blankets, oversized guitar solos and a wall of sound to rival Phil Spector.
And what's with all the dramatic drumming?
You're not in a fucking marching parade, you're in a rock band. Bash the shit out of those fuckers!!!
Matt's voice is as whiney and meandering as ever. His words are tongue twistedly delicious.
At times it's completely OTT and so melodramatic, it almost folds on itself and ends up going up it's own arse.

I love it!

I gave her a bracelet, she gave me her heart.

The bedshaped jukebox thingy has been updated, on the right.

1 parlez:

Cat said...

I think it's a sign of being grown up about things, not just relationships, when you can accept that bodily functions are something that happens to everyone (except me, obviously, I'm a lady) and are not a source of hilarity or something to be embarrassed about.