Monday, July 31

She was a rum old slapper and we always tried to get her pants off when she phoned.

New person alert!

We had a new 'afternoon receptionist' start today.
There was tension in the air.
Apparently, the word was out that she was hot!
She arrived....
There were sighs.
Although I'm not quite sure why.

The body of Posh Spice.
Skin tone not dissimilar to an orange.
Make up applied with a shovel.
Accent that makes me cringe.
Nice hair though.

Her name is Maria. For the purpose of this blog and following unwritten blogging rules that all names must be changed to protect the innocent, from hence forth, she will be known on here as....Maria.

New person alert!
Quick, crowd round everybody!

6 parlez:

Dita said...

Maria sounds funky. I'm sure you'll all get on just fine.

Jo said...

Have you been reading jPod ? Sounds like it.

bedshaped said...

dita,
She's really enjoying it there, as she keeps insisting on telling everybody. Even the Customers who don't have a clue what the fuck she's talking about!


jo,
I'm currently reading the September issue of Q magazine, so that's a negatory.

Joshua said...

Hey! Nice blog! I'm here now, and please let me give you a brief bit of background. The Roses have reunited, and in honor of that I went back through and listened to all things Roses. That of course caused me to dig out my old Seahorses album. Now some of those songs are garbage - it's just a fact. But by and large, I would say it's a great album. ANYWAY. I've always wondered what "she was a rum old slapper" meant, and as I live in the States I do not have any good point of reference for British slang. That's where your blog comes in. You are the single place google gave me as an outlet to ask this question, because of your previous heading for this blog. And so...please...what does it mean????

bedshaped said...

Joshua,

The Seahorses album is patchy, but yeah, there's some real great songs that standout on there.

"She was a rum old slapper...."
It's open to interpretation, as are all great lines. My understanding of the song, is a reflection of where the songwriter grew up. How his younger years were, some of the characters around him, various places. Some of the characters appear to be fairly well known locals. Maybe girls walking streets. I dunno.
A slapper in English slang would mean....erm....a girl who sleeps around a lot. Puts herself around a bit. Yano. So this perhaps suggesting that one of these characters could be a prostitute maybe, or perhaps a local girl who's known to be a bit of a 'slapper'.
My interpretation of that line would suggest a girl, who's a slapper, who likes a drink. Maybe always smells of drink.
I dunno, like I said....open to personal interpretation.

John Squire is a great songwriter at times.

Joshua said...

Fantastic! Thank you. I no longer feel as ignorant regarding that particular verse, haha.