Wednesday, May 10

I wanna stand with you on a mountain. I wanna bathe with you in the sea.

Somehow....The Blagger appears to have pulled off the impossible and moved 90% of his stuff into my place within a few hours.
He's staying at Krusty's place tonight, so that means I have the place to myself, which in turn means I can chill out, play some great songs at a decent volume 'cos I don't have to have a conversation with anybody and if the mood takes me....have a marathon wanking session!

Several times today, I have used the word "girlfriend".
It feels kinda weird to used that word without putting an "ex" in front of it. But the weirdness is totally outweighed by the nice feeling of being able to smile and talk about a girl in the same breath.

I have been taken completely by surprise by a girl, who has not only sneaked in under my normally 'sound' defenses, but also given me hope.
And hope is a good thing, right?
I'm feeling things that have lay dormant for such a long time, but not only that....I'm also feeling things that I've never felt before. There is a strange mixture of fear and excitement, with each day adding more ingredients to the melting pot.
I think she may possibly be as apprehensive as I am at times, but that's down to having history that has taught us both to "look before you leap".

Still....I'm finding her completely addictive.

What's all the fuss about The Davinci Code then?
I know about all the controversy over the book, but I wonder sometimes if these people who oppose it realise that the more they are vocal about their feelings, the more promotion it's doing for the book and the film.
There seems to a mix of good and bad when it comes down to the book, something which I might get round to buying one day, but the movie looks really interesting from the trailor, so I'm definitely gonna get round to watching that.

The countdown is on for Radiohead next week. Yep, next Tuesday I will be watching one of the most amazing bands of our time play live.
I may get moist!

How good is the new Keane song!
I hear U2, Doves and Starsailor all wrapped up a package that delivers the kinda sound that even on first listen, it feels like you already know the song.
Brilliant!

And what the fuck is going on with Snow Patrol?
Ok, so the new album rocks and in my opinion even more so than the previous one, but come on....touring arena size venues!!! Come on dudes, I'm not saying you can't fill those places, but where's the medium size gigs?
Pffff.

And apparently, I don't dribble when I'm asleep.
Go me!

7 parlez:

Anonymous said...

"I'm finding her completely addictive." i love when that happens. :)

moi said...

beginnings are completely addictive, so is feeling things you've never felt before. kind of like butterfies, but better.

:)

Krista said...

I was right! *happy dance* I'm happy for you, for her, for wonderful beginnings.

swisslet said...

right. I've just finished "The Da Vinci Code" and I thought it was poorly written and the ending was shit, rushed and predictable. Having said that, the plot drives along quite nicely, and it might make a decent film. Not sure I'd bother reading it if you haven't already though.

Keane song? I don't like it at all. I'm not sure why - I think I'm struggling to see it as anything more than sub-U2 at the moment.

Radiohead? Enjoy them. They **can** be brilliant live, but they can also be absolutely dreadful and self-indulgent. I hope you get the former and that the new material rocks a fat one!

Snow Patrol? I like the new album, but I too am disappointed by the arena sized venues. Are they really that big now?

Not dribbling when you sleep? It's good to have someone there to confirm for you that this is in fact the case.

Nice one!

ST

beth said...

Don't think you'll be having any problems with Radiohead if last night was anything to go by - decent mix of old & new, stuff from the whole back catalogue & they seemed to be well up for it.

(Tip off - they did start v prompt at 8.30)

beth said...

oh, yeah - and v happy things are going well re girlfriend!

bedshaped said...

monalisa,
So do I....

moi,
Yeah....sounds like you've felt like that before.

phx,
shhhhhhhuuusshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

swisstoni,
The jury is still out on reading the book. I'd like to give it a stab before I see the film, but my reading pace is slower than a snail carrying a brick.
Don't like the new Keane song you say? How very dare you!
I will enjoy Radiohead, whatever mood they are in. I'm going more for the feeling of being soaked up by live music than anything else. Being Radiohead is just a huge fuck off bonus.
Not sure what's going on with Snow Patrol. Maybe they are now in the league of bands who feel that playing to less than 25 thousand people at each gig would be unthinkable.
And as far as the dribbling is concerned, then all I can say is....she might be lying.

beth,
I'm so badly looking forward to this gig. I want to feel completely immursed by the beauty of hearing a live band. And Radiohead....if they are in the right mood, will almost drown me.
And thanks....for the kind thoughts and words. x