Saturday, June 10

Sleep on and dream of her, because its the closest you will get to love.

Compliments can be difficult.

It’s as simple as that. It’s easy to pay somebody else a compliment and it’s lovely to see them go kinda bashful when you say something nice about them, but when it comes down to being the recipient….
It’s a different story.

There must be some people who get compliments all the time and this would maybe build their own confidence up into such a state, that they don’t do the bashful thing, instead they smile and think, “yeah”
Nothing wrong with that.
When you don’t have a great deal of confidence, when your confidence-o-meter reaches .def con 1, compliments from others sound like anything other than praise.
When you've thought of yourself as a bit of a loser, been torn down a peg or two by people who you'd previously trusted, then compliments can be difficult to take.

“Oh twisted child, so ugly, so ugly.”

Your mind almost convinces you that nobody would have anything good to say about you, so when it happens, it doesn't compute. And you find yourself wondering why on earth somebody would say such a thing, cos you've convinced yourself, deep inside that its just not true.

Can you imagine what its like when two such people get together!?!?


So….girls who wear ultra thin white trousers….WHY?

A couple of nights ago, I dreamt that Angelina phoned me up, told me her and Brad were finished and she couldn’t bear to be without me any longer…oh no, I'm getting confused….a couple of nights ago, I dreamt that I worked on a checkout in a supermarket.
I finished serving my customer and looked down at the stuff on the belt, then glanced up to see The Girl who was my next customer. I passed everything through the scanners and struck up a brief conversation with her and when the total was done, I didn’t ask her for the amount, I asked her to marry me.

We got married by the time shed finished packing her bags.

Dreams are weird, huh?

I've recently acquired the latest albums by Orson (like it, like it), Gomez (Brilliant on first few listens), Boy Kill Boy (Excellent!), The Feeling (sounds ok, needs a another few listens), Keane (sounds really good), Tool (such a great voice) and some compilation cds, mostly dance stuff. In fact, ALL dance stuff.

I'm really enjoying the music scene at the moment. There's lots of great stuff out and more promised, so everything's looking cool, cool, cool.

Earlier today at work, I suddenly had a burst of excitement about Virgin. Dunno where it came from, but I had a mooch about the web, looking for sites showing pictures and message boards.

I am officially excited!

It’s still miles away yet, but that just makes the excitement prolong.

After work today, The Blagger and I went for a quickie in the pub. We only had one drink, so that in itself must be some kind of record, but even in that short space of time, we had a good chat. He seemed to get quite a lot off his chest.

Since I've been back, I've cleaned and tidied up a little, then sat in the back garden for a while, reading my latest Q Magazine, smoking a spliff and sipping on some wine. I've also just had a phone call from Pandy, my brother. Once again, he's a little on the 'merry' side and felt compelled to call me to tell me he misses me, he loves me and "when are we gonna get together?".

It's amazing how most of this country comes to a halt when the sun comes out. Apparently, it was 29 degrees celcius outside, which is damn hot for the UK and this in itself probably meant most people were either lazing in their gardens, soaking it up, or in the pubs. England played their first World Cup match today and apparently they won.

I really should be more patriotic!

I've updated the juekbox thingy on the right side-bar with some songs that I had playing while I sat around in the garden.

Free MP3 downloads you say? Hell yeah!

1 parlez:

Jo said...

I'll agree with you about the Feeling. They've got a 60's summer feeling *thang* going on.

Does anyone say *thang* anymore ?